Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Team Effort!

Last week, Dave Bindewald invited me to join him on a relief trip to Japan.  Our church, First Baptist Chruch, Lexington Presbyterian Church, and Calvary Chapel are now working together to raise funds for Japan together and Dave & I will have the privilege of personally taking supplies, helping with clean up and counseling the victims. 

In only a week, God has done some amazing things for this project! 
Last week, one man donatd the amount for my entire plane ticket.....$1200
My wife &I went looking for beanie babies for the evacuated children & the store worker donated 172 free beanie babies of her own!  Then Sunday two more people offered beanie babies for the trip.
I was handed a donation of $300 to buy things I may personally need on this trip.
My wife's exercise class at Saxe Gotha collected $750 generous amount for the trip.
The total collected is now at $4,000 and we haven't even had our official collection at FBC or Calbary Chapel yet. 
Through Lexington Presbyterian, Dave has collected over $10,000.
I think God is using Lexington to touch many people in Japan!

2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME to see God's people working together to spread love! Will be praying for this trip!
    -WB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the prayers! Yes, it is good when we can pull together for a common cause and has been a great encouragement to us to see it happen.

    ReplyDelete